Monday, March 2, 2009

Hi!

I went back to Minnesota last week and lasted all of 2 days. We got a huge blizzard the day I decided to come "home" to Seattle. It took me two days to get here! I felt like I was traveling by carrier pigeon. The first day I got as far as Phoenix. Because of all the delays, my flight to Seattle was long gone. Luckily I was able to get on the first flight Friday morning to Seattle. Since I work for the airlines, I am more than used to long delays. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there traveling who don't understand the concept of "safety first". I saw people throw tantrums because the airport was closed (due to blizzard and high winds) and their flights weren't leaving on time. Needless to say, my nine hours of sitting in the airport that day made for great people watching. Better than any reality show on tv!

I got back here just in time for the new shipments. I love seeing the boxes come in through the door! Its like Christmas all over again! We got some of the cutest baby/children stickers and papers you have ever seen. The Yellow Bicycle chipboard and scallop paper set finally arrived. I can see why it sells out quickly. It is really cute. I like it because the paper is already scalloped to fit on the chipboard. So quick and easy to create a book for that special child. We also got lots of Yellow Bicycle embellishments to add to it.

We got some Snag 'em Stamps that are just the cutest. This is a line of clear stamps from Imaginisce. They are small, only about 2-3 inches. There are several themes, birds, frogs, castles, etc. Very versatile.......and fun!

For those of you with Girl Scouts in your families, we have lots of GS paper and embellishments. Make sure you come in and check out our selection.

Our classes continue to draw a lot of interest. Shawna is teaching her Clock Class again. So many people have requested she offer it again. It is a great clock and people have loved making it. Look for this class on Sunday, March 22. She is also teaching a Canvas Wall Hanging class on Sunday, March 29. Also, she has the cutest little Bitty Book in a Box. Check our website for information on all of these classes.

Our Cricut classes have been very popular. We have one Wednesday, March 4, featuring our new teacher, Linda. I will offer one on Sunday, March 15, for those of you who prefer a weekend class. If you have a cricut, you definitely want to be in one of these classes!

Vickie will be doing her Techniques classes again. These classes have been very popular. She is also planning on teaching card making classes. Keep checking our website as we are often adding classes.

We are also excited about the Northwest Paper Chase, aka Shop Hop. We have a few pins left. Make sure you get yours soon so you will get all the benefits when you visit the participating shops. It will be a lot of fun for everyone.

I hope everyone has a good week. For those of you who know Marcia, one of our owners, she has been under the weather the past several weeks. We are hoping the doctors can take good care of her and get her back with us. WE MISS HER!!

Spring is definitely here. As I was walking my dog this morning, I saw a bed of crocus, all in full bloom. They were beautiful. The crocus back home are still buried under 10 inches of snow! They don't bloom until mid to late April. It was so refreshing to see them today. Made me thankful I can come out here and get an early taste of spring!

Enjoy your week,



Debb

No comments: